If you have any photos or stories concerning the history of Tresmeer, Churchtown or Splatt
please email them to us to have them considered for publication on this website
Please ensure you have copyright to any photos etc.
Tresmeer Railway Station - Splatt
"The emptying train, wind in the ventilators
- Puffs out of Egloskerry to Tresmeer
- Through minty meadows, under bearded trees
- And hills upon whose sides the clinging farms
- Hold Bible Christians. Can it really be
- That this same carriage came from Waterloo?"
- John Betjeman, in his 1960 autobiography Summoned by Bells
....... and today ..........
Do you remember the times when there was a railway station at Tresmeer, or to be more precise Splatt, and London and South Western railway ran a train from Waterloo to Tresmeer? More info and pictures can be seen here .... The North Cornwall Railway
The Old School - Three Hammers - Tresmeer
... and today ..........
Photos from this website can be seen in a larger format in our online Web Album click here